2. We take our obligations in relation to your information seriously and we are committed to protecting your information and ensuring we comply with all relevant privacy laws, including the Privacy Act 1993.
5. We collect your information for lawful purposes connected to our functions or activities, for purposes directly related to this or where you have agreed we can do so. Information we may collect includes:
6. We collect information from you, including information you provide via mobile apps, website, telephone, by email, via our social media platforms or when you enter our promotions. Please be aware that we may collect some of your information through CCTV cameras, which we use for general security purposes. We may also collect your information from anyone you have authorised, retailers operating in our centres, from other third parties where that information is publicly available or where it is otherwise permitted by the Privacy Act.
7. If you give us any information about anyone else, you must have their consent to give us the information before you do so.
How do we use your information?
9. We use your information only for purposes you have agreed to, for purposes directly related to our functions or activities or where we are authorised to under the Privacy Act.
10. We may use your information for the following reasons:
11. You consent to us, retailers at our properties or our business partners, sending you information connected with the above collection and use purposes via email or text message when you provide us with your email address and/or mobile phone number. You may be sent other information we think you may be interested in and which may market and promote our products and services, or the products and services of retailers operating in our properties or those of our business partners. The messages you receive from Precinct will have instructions for how you can remove yourself from our mailing list.
12. Email marketing will only be sent to your email address if you have given your consent. You may unsubscribe to any email marketing message at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in the message.
13. We will only disclose your information where you have authorised such disclosure, where disclosure is connected to one of our functions or activities or where we are able to under the Privacy Act.
14. Examples where we may disclose your information are:
15. Where we share your information, we will take reasonable steps to prevent the unauthorised use or disclosure of your information.
16. We take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is protected against loss, unauthorised access and other misuse. We adopt policies and procedures to protect your information, and we review these regularly.
17. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate. You have the right at any stage to request us to provide you with access to your information. We will respond to any request by you to correct or access your information as soon as practicable following receipt of such request, but there are exceptions under the Privacy Act where we may not be able to do so. We will tell you if that is the case.
18. If you have any questions or requests for your information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like more information about privacy in general, please refer to the Privacy Commissioner’s website: www.privacy.org.nz